Monday, July 20, 2009

Books for Guys

I sent my sister a link to the women's fiction recommendations Library Journal published a month or two ago, and she emailed me back asking for recommendations for her husband. He likes primarily nonfiction, books about sports, presidents and business or the economy. So, what I think of as typical guy stuff.

This is what I came up with for him:
Books published this year
Eiger Dreams – Jon Krakauer
The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt - by T. J. Stiles
The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook: A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal by Ben Mezrich

Older books
Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner - by Dean Karnazes
Tales from Q School: Inside Golf’s Fifth Major – John Feinstein
The smartest guys in the room : the amazing rise and scandalous fall of Enron / Bethany McLean and Peter Elkind.
Big Russ and Me: Father and Son, Lessons of Life - by Tim Russert

I picked a lot of these books from NextReads, which are book recommmendation newsletters that you can sign up for on the library home page.

No comments: