Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day after Thanksgiving

BHPL is always open the day after Thanksgiving, but it is slow this morning. Maybe people are shopping, travelling, digesting, back at work or just don't know that we are open.
This morning: one computer monitor didn't work (I fixed it); one printer stopped working (I put up an out of order sign aka - an admission of defeat); one interlibrary loan request came online over JerseyCat for our approval (I approved it): two phone calls for phone numbers were referred to Reference (libraries often serve as phone operators of old did); I remembered to put in the back-up tape for the library's main data server for the person who usually does it but is off visiting family; I signed birthday cards for three staff members born in December (this is top secret, don't tell them); the office email was sparse (yeah! maybe Black Friday can be the emailless holiday I've been hoping for.) Now at 11:00 am our regulars are beginning to trickle in and everyone agrees they had a nice Thanksgiving and the turkey was good.
Happy post-Thanksgiving!

No comments: